Here’s the skill list that we’ll be using in Atlantis: Rise! Included is a simple summary of what the skill is used for. Each skill have have Stunts, which is to say a specialized use (ie, stunt driving or trick shooting) that gives a bonus when you’re using it for that particular circumstance. For some examples of Stunts, check out the Dresden FIles RPG Stunts.
- Alertness – Spotting things without looking.
- Athletics – General physical fitness; dodging, jumping, etc.
- Burglary – Picking locks, sleight of hand, etc.
- Contacts – Connections for information and assistence.
- Conviction – Strength of faith/character
- Crafts – Making/repairing things.
- Deceit – Lying, feinting, and other trickery.
- Discipline – Self-control and mental discipline
- Driving – Controlling transportation, from horses to starships.
- Empathy – Reading body language and otherwise sensing what others are feeling.
- Endurance – Hardiness.
- Fists – Hand-to-hand combat.
- Intimidation – Strong-arming folks, blackmail, or provoking them.
- Investigation – Actively searching for things.
- Lore – Esoteric book smarts. Used for magic, etc.
- Might – Feats of strength.
- Performance – Acting, singing, making music.
- Presence – Force of will and leadership.
- Rapport – Making connections; diplomacy.
- Resources – Money, real estate, and access to other similar material resources.
- Scholarship – Book smarts.
- Shoot – Shooting things.
- Stealth – Being sneaky.
- Survival – Surviving in the wilderness
- Weapons – Using melee weapons.